Saturday, November 12, 2011

Jill: Wine, Cheese, Run, Whine

Congratulations to me for making it out to meet Steph for our run this morning. Last night's events made for a rough morning, and I was secretly hoping that Steph would reschedule for Sunday due to her migraine. But, alas, she was a trooper, so I dragged my exhausted butt out of bed.

A quick recap of all the things that tried to derail this particular run:

First, the baby had to get her first set of shots on Friday. She got two, one in each leg, the poor dear. She spent much of the day sleeping but when awake, she was sore and miserable. This threw off her eating schedule so I found myself up at 3:30 (that's a.m. people) feeding her on and off until the sun was up.

Second, my husband and I were lucky enough to have a night out. We attended a great party. Here's why it was so great:

Cheese



More Cheese



Wine and Even More Cheese




The wine was going down way too easy, and I totally wish I could have had a few more glasses. But I had that baby to feed and that run to get up for. That's when I understood the real horror: this running club is now PREVENTING me from drinking more wine! WHAT?! How can that be? How can things have gone so wrong?

Never fear, I do have a plan to counteract this unforeseen side effect. The website will be undergoing some design changes in the near future including the addition of several stand alone pages. One of those pages will be dedicated to a running schedule/calendar. Now, however, I see that there is a need for another calendar devoted solely to our wine and cheese type of outings. While the running and the whining has been great, don't forget that life is all about maintaining balance.


3 comments:

  1. That's a great picture, but our "official" logo is still in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwhhhh...I LOVE the one now! Feet in running shoes elevated! How often do you see that? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete