Saturday, November 5, 2011

Steph: Whine, whine, and more whine

So I ventured out for my first walk/jog this morning with Jill. I made sure to whine a lot while "jogging" because I wanted to make sure to follow the rules of belonging to the club. We also talked a lot while walking (not as much while running because I was just trying to BREATH!), but I forgot to talk about my favorite subject ... CHEESE! The cheese topics I had planned, but forgot about when the pain took over (which was pretty much immediately thanks to this wiggly, jiggly fat that I have on the outside edges of my butt which feels like it is litterally slapping me every time I jog) are ... we are back to the cheese topics of course ... this new cream cheese and orange marmalade dip that you eat with crackers, a brie and spicy apricot appetizer that is absolutely delicious with apples, and of course this amazing aged gouda that I go to Findlay to "try" for the first time every single Sunday.

But anyway, back to the jog. So the first jog session of 60 seconds did not feel bad. By the fifth time that Jill told me "let's jog a little" I was struggling to breath correctly, numb in in the buttocks where my own fat had slapped me until I couldn't feel that region anymore, and I was completely aware of my calf muscles (which Jill had to name for me) and how they were on fire and going to explode at any given moment.

But at the end, I can say that we walk/jogged 1.9 miles and I made it. I didn't die. I didn't have a heart attack. I didn't pass out. It makes me wonder (for the first time ever in my life), can I actually run a 5K in 4 months time ... I don't know, but it is worth a try. Plus, Mike promised me an iPad if I did it.... which I can't tell if it is his way of motivating me or if he doesn't think it is ever going to happen so he is safe. Either way ... a motivation for sure.

First time done ... only about a million more torture "sessions" with Jill to go. She has promised me a thrilling evening run at a high school track next week. WOW that sounds fun! or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment