Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jill: Making Friends

When we first started the blog, I was lucky enough to stumble across JoggingJeans and quickly made friends with another awesome Jill.  I honestly can't wait for the next race so I can complete another secret mission of taking pictures of people running in jeans.

There are 2 other online bloggers who I now love and want to be friends with.  I may sound like a tween on facebook, but I have good reasons.

First up there is Viper who runs the Booze Hounds Inc. Running Team.  Although he's a waaaay more serious runner than any of us, I am willing to overlook that in the face of the following facts:

1. He obviously understands the importance of serious drinking as well as running.  His running team is like our Northern Ohio counterpart.

2. His profile quotes The Goonies which may be the first movie I ever had memorized from start to finish.





3. As if that movie reference wasn't enough to hook me, he started yesterday's post with a Harry Potter reference, and not a super obvious one either.

4. And if you need any more incentive to check out his blog, he also plays the banjo.


Next up we have Steve from Steve in a Speedo?! Gross!.  Steve is not just a serious runner, but he's also a triathlete.  Again, I'm willing to overlook those flaws for several reasons.

1. The name of his blog is hysterical.  I laugh every time I read it. There's nothing better than an athlete that doesn't take himself too seriously.

2. Like us, he is a teacher, which means if he can find the time to train for crazy long distance events, we probably don't have any excuse to skip a 30 minute jog.

3. Then there is this piece of hilarity.  Instead of running the Twin Cities Marathon, he and a couple of friends donned animal costumes and entertained the runners and spectators from the sidelines.  This almost makes me want to run a full marathon, but I still think I'd rather be in the costumes.



2 comments:

  1. That video was the best minute and 52 seconds of my week! I'm a fan of Speedo Steve before I even click the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This video is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete