Monday, November 14, 2011

SG: What? We are running?

While today was supposed to be the first full group run for us all, I had to bail :(  I've been experiencing my first bout of a sick baby lately, and it only seems to be getting worse, poor baby. I gathered the group, Jill got a sitter, and the crew was ready. Then, I realized I had no idea what day it was and forgot I had to pick my sick little baby up after work instead of going for a run. While I was bummed to let the group down, deep inside I'm not all that sad. Why? Well, last night as I thought I was putting my child to bed, she screamed for a solid 40 minutes not wanting her bottle, so I laid her down and thought I'd try that 'cry it out' method all you mothers say works! WRONG!!!!! She screamed her little heart out and started to cough so much she threw up in her bed :(  Bleh.  So of course I had to get her, change her sheets, change her pj's, and change my pj's (as you can imagine pulling vomit covered sheets off a bed). We then tried some water. Nope.  Didn't like that either. Perhaps a vicks rub down? Nope. Didn't like that either. We rocked and sang and finally by 11, she was ready for sleep, but don't worry, we repeated this process at 2:45am!!!!  Ugh.  So tonight we shall see. My fingers are crossed, and I'm sitting with some homemade blackberry wine. Maybe tomorrow I won't feel like a zombie, and I'll be able to get my run on (of course so I can enjoy another glass of wine)!

1 comment: