Monday, November 21, 2011

HC: Morning Workouts

Lately I have been making an effort to go to the gym BEFORE work. I’ve never been much of a morning person, so this is a difficult task. However, there are a few motivating factors that make it easier to go in.

1)      Using the track/court/equipment before anyone else gets there. SURE there are signs posted telling people to wipe down their machines after use but how many people actually do this? GROSS! I hate to think how many germs actually reside on those things.

2)      I usually do a run, shoot some hoops, and then use a variety of weights/equipment. Being a 5’3’’ female it always gets me some interesting looks when I walk onto the basketball court. Now surprisingly, although I am not the most graceful person who has ever lived, I am rather functional while shooting a basketball. The problem is my cheap ass gym only has ONE basketball. I mean, really? When I go later in the day there will always be that man in his jeans talking on the phone while trying to shoot the ball. Of course he stays there until more men walk onto the court (usually wearing jeans) wanting to do the same thing. Give me a break.

3)      Weighing yourself in the morning before having breakfast is so much more rewarding than doing it after that late night snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment