Tuesday, November 15, 2011

HC: WHO AM I?!?!

I am definitely not a runner. Even through this experience, I still would not classify myself as a runner. Runners are crazy. Period. I feel you have to actually enjoy running to be titled as a runner, which none of us do. Anyway, with that being said, I found myself waking up before 5 a.m., going on less than 4 hours of sleep, to hit the gym. I’ve gone to the gym early before but hardly for running. Even the last time I went to the gym before work it wasn’t for the running. It was the promise of hitting a small ball in an enclosed room. This time, however, it was solely to get a run in since I wouldn’t be able to after school. WHO AM I?!?  I’ve always taken pride in working out, but this is just crazy. I decided I would really push myself this morning to reward myself for waking up early (yeah doesn’t make much sense now that I think of it). So, get ready for this:  I did the 5 min start up walk, then did intervals of 4 MINUTES jogging/1 minute walking!!!  Again, WHO AM I?!?! It got rough towards the end, but I’m proud of myself for pushing through.  Even better news, I only had to use my inhaler once during the last jog. I think I have a really good breathing rhythm going that made the difference. The only regret I have is doing this awesome workout at a time when I cannot enjoy wine afterward!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Girl!!! I'm all about pushing it tmr but IDK about 4mins!!! Maybe 3???

    ReplyDelete