Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Steph: This is why we run with club members

Okay, so Monday Jill and I jog/walked on a track for my second experience, not bad ... I can still do this!

Right, well today, I walked/jogged around downtown with Mike. NOT so sure I can do this anymore. He either worked me harder than Jill without my knowledge, or I am in less shape than when I started?????

Our deal: you run the timer, I set the pace. But I am not sure that actually happened. He may have set the pace too. By the fourth time he said jog, I felt like DYING. Was it the hills involved? Was it the city streets? Was it the fact that Mike doesn't keep talking to me like Jill so I was more aware of the running? I don't know, but I don't feel as confident anymore.

We finished. I did it, but I feel like SHIT!!! But, I am still going. I am not giving up. I will meet Jill at 9:30 Saturday morning.

P.S. good news ... my jiggly, wiggly butt fat didn't hurt as bad while running tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh ... Also good news ... Mike didn't stop us to turn around and go home until after the last run ... so, with the extra long cool down walk home included we went almost 3 miles today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of thoughts:

    First, you're probably right about all of it...the pacing, the streets, hills, and not talking.

    However, you're wrong to lose confidence. If anything you should be celebrating. You may feel bad at the moment, but you kicked some serious butt. You went faster and farther than ever before and survived. You deserve some wine!! :)

    ReplyDelete