Sunday, November 13, 2011

Steph: Saturday jog and walk and walk and walk and walk ...

So Saturday started productively. Jill and I met at 9:30 for a jog/walk. Mission accomplished, including an up-hill jog and a 90 second interval ending just to see if I could do it before Monday's next step/level or whatever you call it.

I didn't enjoy this run. I loathed it, but other than the stitch in my side, I did survive it. So I left the park feeling relatively good.

So I get home to shower and change quickly because Mike wants to go to the UC game at Paul Brown stadium. I HATE football, but O.K. whatever. However, what I didn't realize was coming was:

1. Mike's brother and sister-in-law would be a lot late which means for football fans (again, not me) a full out mall - walk (i.e. we speed walked the 1.5 miles to the stadium).

2. GREAT - so after showering, I have another sweat going on .... fabulous

3. Once in the stadium, we are the top most level, and guess what?  The 4-story escalator is OUT OF ORDER, so I have to walk up the EIGHT flights of stairs to the top level (again sweating ... again absolutely FABULOUS).

4. So we reach the top. I have a stitch in my side. I can't breath, and what is welcoming me? More FREAKING stairs because we have to walk UP the stadium steps to our seats.  Oh yeah ,this is FABULOUS. I love football.

5. So at this point, thank GOD, I get to sit and watch an enthralling 5 hour football game (sarcastic smirk here) where I have just enough time to COMPLETELY stiffen up from all my morning jogging and walking.  The only positive was the absolutely fabulous hot chocolate that I bought 2 of. Who cares if they are 5 dollars each?  I deserve something for all that f*****g walking.

6. Then to round out the fabulous day, I get to walk home another 1.5 miles. At least this time it was NOT at warp speed. And thank GOD, at the end of this walk, I popped open a bottle of Moscato wine that I got from Jacuzzi Vineyards in Sonoma. I shared with my sister-in-law, but man I have never felt that I deserved a glass of wine more :)

So, now it is Sunday night, and all I can think about is how TRUE and GIRTEN are going to kick my a** jog/walking tomorrow because they are ahead of me in the program, and I will be running 90 second intervals for the first time, and it scares the hell out of me! So maybe I should have my wine now, that way I can sleep and not have nightmares about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment