Thursday, December 1, 2011

Steph: I have been grounded!!!

I have spent the last 3 days in and out of Dr. offices and hospitals in an attempt to get an out of control blood pressure in order. One that I didn't even really know was that bad until a routine check-up Monday night.

The worst part of the whole experience : my doctor put a STOP to all running activities until the blood pressure is regulated. Hopefully, that is just until Monday when I have my follow up visit to see how the current medication is reacting in my body. She didn't even want me walking, but I convinced her to let me walk for 3 miles at least 3 times by Monday so I didn't lose my forward momentum (which was already at a crawling pace!). She agreed as long as I don't speed walk and I don't walk fast enough to sweat. Now we are talking the kind of excercise that I really enjoy. Leisurely walks in the park that don't actually feel like excercise. Well, at least until Monday that is.

So, I have been grounded. Hopefully, I am given a green light on Monday. We will see :)





No comments:

Post a Comment