Thursday, December 8, 2011

HC: Come on just one more!

These words used to be associated with the request to DRINK just one more beer, glass of wine, shot, etc. Today it was the rallying cry while running the track after school. First, let me paint you a mental picture:

While walking up to the gate to the track we see that it is LOCKED. Seriously? After doing a quick assessment of the situation, we decide the best thing to do is to hop the fence. Of course this fence is taller than both of us so it took some skill and calculated foot placement to make this happen. It officially became the first successful moment of our workout since somehow both of us managed to do it without getting hurt.

After stretching out and warming up, Smoked Gouda and I went on our way. We did the usual 5 min walk then started to run. We actually ran for an entire mile without stopping! Yes, there were moments of screaming (mostly from me … maybe all from me) and thoughts of "why am I doing this" but we made it. We walked than ran for a half mile, walked again and finished running for ¾ of a mile.

Looking back when we all started this, I remember how much I HATED running for just 90 seconds straight. It was really beneficial to see just how much progress we have all made!  

1 comment:

  1. I just want to send out a "Good Luck" on your race tomorrow to all of my favorite running bloggers.

    I'll be telepathically cheering you on from Pittsburgh! And I'm looking forward to a full race recap from EACH of you!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete