Tuesday, December 6, 2011

SG: Get your gameface on!

I'm welcoming myself back to the blog as I feel like I haven't been able to post in quite some time. You see, I've been consumed by 'mommy brain'. It completely overcame my whole body and wasn't regained until sending my baby and husband off for a night and consuming the world's largest and most over priced margarita while later dancing to a George Micheal impersonator under a disco ball the size of my bedroom! No worries, I feel much better now, and I am so ready for this race!

True and I hit the gym yesterday since it seems the whole city seems to be flooding right now. We decided to stray from the plan and see how far we could make it without a rest. We did a warm up and ran about 10 minutes before we did our first walk interval! I was pretty proud! As long as we don't finish last I can agree with Jill, it's considered a win, so I think we're in good shape!

There are three things I think we need to consider before Saturday:

1. What are we going to wear? This is a Jingle Bell run after all! I have purchased a few decorative items to adorn our new shirts as well as a headpiece for each of us that will remain a surprise til race day. Anyone else have any thoughts? Perhaps we could sport some denim???

2. Where will we be partaking in celebratory drinks after? This is, of course, the whole point of this club, correct?

3. In order to continue training after this race, so we can all actually run three miles, not just run/walk it, an executive decision was made at the gym tonight by True and I:  There will be the first ever "Whine and Cheese 5k" in February, date and location TBD before Saturday so we can keep motivation to run after this race!!

Jill's Addition

I thought you might appreciate some visuals from our night out!
 
This is the world's largest and most over priced margarita with Steph's hand for scale.
Side view of the bowl glass
I unfortunately did not snap a picture of the George Michael impersonator or the huge disco ball.  However, I am going to save the day with a picture of the Slash impersonator!


2 comments:

  1. February sounds like a good plan on running an entire 5k at my current training pace. I have a red undershirt to wear and something for my ears and red/white polka dotted socks I am going to wear over my black pants. I am planning on layers .... the weather forecast shows really, really cold weather. I am down for a celebratory drink :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what items I have to wear: a santa hat/scarf combo (but with SG's surprise headpieces I'll just use it as a scarf), knee high holiday socks, green long sleeved shirt, reindeer earrings, and a light up necklace. I didn't have any denim planned, but perhaps for the Whine and Cheese 5K?

    As for drinks, we'll be in Covington, so maybe somewhere in NKY or downtown Cincy?

    I'm totally excited for our own 5K, but also thinking that maybe we could use either Steph's party or the Pucks and Pinot outing to discuss other official races. Let's all do some research and come with our best ideas!

    ReplyDelete