Friday, December 23, 2011

SG: Chaos

I wish I looked this good juggling all these things!




Where to even start...... It's been two weeks since my first race, and I haven't even gotten to do a recap!!!! Ugh, life's been busy. I guess I'll start with the race. Clearly I survived, however, next time I am asked to run a race, I will be sure to check the course first to make sure there are no bridges involved! Although my dear running buddy kept me distracted while running over the river twice, I would really like to never do that again. It happened to be the coldest morning of the season so far, and I wasn't expecting the hills to feel so steep, but now I know what I need to work on.

I am so proud of my girls and myself for this accomplishment. A 5k is nothing to most people, but we are not most people! We are new moms, teachers, women trying to loose weight and maintain balance, and we all HATE to run! However, we love a challenge and let's face it, nothing burns more calories than running. Speaking of calories, I've been so proud of one of the members of this club who has lost 49lbs as of Wednesday, and knowing her, she's probably hit 50 now since it's Friday! She's pretty much awesome. She keeps me focused and gives me hope that one of these days this 'baby weight' is going to shed (even though it's been six months since I've had my baby). I've got to be the only person that has gone from doing zero exercise to running a 5k and not shedding a pound. It's so discouraging and to be honest since the race is over it's made me lose a lot of motivation :(

After the race I was able to run most of the week after. I was feeling pretty good. Then baby got really sick, had to miss some work, spend lots of time in the house and somehow in the midst of that, I hurt my back which in turn put my running on hold about another week. Although I'd like to say I was sad I couldn't run, I really didn't miss it much with all the hustle and bustle in preparation for the holidays.

Any who, it's Christmas break now and I finally got a few consecutive hours of sleep in, so I got out for a run this morning. It pretty much sucked. It was cold and drizzly and the park I went to was hilly (blah) but really what sucked the most was that I ran alone. A lot has been on my mind and I really didn't feel like running anyway, and it got me to thinking how much I really actually love my girls and the support that I have here in this silly club! So, as discussed earlier, our next goal needs to be set! I think the 'Cheviot 5k run and crawl' needs to be made official. (For those of you not knowing what this is, it was discovered that the distance from my house to a nearby bar district named Cheviot, is actually 3.2 miles! Coincidence? I think not! The idea is to run there and then do a bar crawl after.)

With all the Chaos in my life I need a goal to work to. Saying I will run "just because" really doesn't work for me, lol. I have a lot on my plate, as we all do, and if I don't schedule runs in amongst my chaos they slowly get pushed aside, and I don't want that to happen......it leads to too much whine, wine, and cheese....and inches on hips :(

3 comments:

  1. Thanks buddy this put a tear in my eye ! Sooo you're right I did hit 50 on Friday ! If it makes you feel better though I'm sure I've slipped under that with all the wonderful drinking and cheese I've had this weekend !

    P.S. I wouldn't be able to get this far with the weight loss OR running if it was not for you ! Keep it going hot momma you're kicking ass and soon enough you'll see the rewards from all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not, dear momma, you are not the only one to be running your ass off and want to throw the scale out the bathroom window. I too have been running steadily for 8 weeks, have 2 5k races under my belt, and haven't shed a pound. It's one of those things about childbirth that no one tells you about beforehand. It's only slightly less devastating this time since I knew what to expect the 2nd time around, but I'm still totally jealous of our other two companions who look great in their smaller sized skinny jeans. The good news is that your body's hormones will let go of the extra weight, but we really can't control when. To minimize the frustration, I only get on the scale once a week and routinely give it the finger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ... Let's just go gambling together again and forget about all this running stuff :). No seriously, let's plan this run/crawl thing. I need something to keep me motivated as well. How about Saturday, February 25th. That gives us exactly 2 more months to get up to running the entire thing!
    Meet at SmokedGouda's house at either 11:30 or 4:30 so we end somewhere in Cheviot for lunch or dinner with drinks!!!! What does everyone think?

    ReplyDelete