Monday, September 28, 2015

Jill: Music Monday, Dave Matthews and Wine

Grocery shopping is usually a semi-stressful event involving the heavy bribery of both my children and often leaves me needing some wine when I return home.  However, last week I was able to sneak in an evening trip to the store alone while the husband handled bedtime. I never thought I would look forward to grocery shopping, but these unexpected moments of solace and quiet are really quite exciting nowadays.  One of the benefits is being alone in my car which allows me to put this song on full blast:

(an amazing running song)

Another benefit is that I am able to hear the music and advertisements that are playing in the background at the store.  Normally, I would probably tune those out as well, but as I was standing in an aisle contemplating how long I could possibly stretch out this trip, a few distinct words caught my ear. Specifically, "Dave Matthews" and "wine."  And as I started to really pay attention, I learned something amazing.  Dave Matthews, one of my all time favorites, had partnered with a winery to create his own wine brand. The brand is named after one of my all time favorite Dave songs, The Dreaming Tree, and the store I was currently standing in was now carrying it. I took it as a sign. I was meant to be alone that night so that I could become aware of this wine's existence and purchase a bottle (or four). 

It's so pretty that I haven't had the heart to open it yet. I'm sure that won't last long. Our new dog needed to be acknowledged also. Her name is Taylor, after Taylor Swift, which is fitting for Music Mondays.
Here's where you can find out more about this endeavor: Dreaming Tree Wines

Even though it's not a great song for running, I have to post the song as well because I love it.


And finally because Music Mondays are supposed to be about good running songs, here's a few more of my very favorite Dave Matthews Band songs that are less sad and much more upbeat:

Two Step
 

Stay


No comments:

Post a Comment