Thursday, September 10, 2015

Jill: Jobs and Babies and Houses, Oh my!


I am teacher, and generally speaking, teachers don't do excuses. We hear it all: all the reasons why something wasn't done or turned in or wasn't done well. We nod and listen to the excuse, and then explain why it still isn't acceptable. There is always a way.

I want to make clear that the rest of this post isn't an excuse about why we haven't been blogging regularly.  Instead, it is simply an explanation of what we have been up to in the long space between entries.

Changes by the numbers:

For the 4 original Whine & Cheese members:
  • 3 babies (2 girls and 1 boy) 
  • 1 wedding
  • 3 moves into new houses
  • 4 (yes, all 4 of us) new jobs
  • 671 bottles of wine and 364 pounds of cheese has been consumed (approximately)
Awesome things we missed blogging about during that time:
  • Having new babies
  • Getting married
  • Moving into new houses
  • Changing jobs 
  • Drinking 671 bottles of wine and eating 364 pounds of cheese
  • 2 new members joining our club
  • Running our first (and possibly last) half marathon. (I have actually done 2. Who am I?)
  • 1 new member did her first full marathon (she's crazy but we love her)
  • Coaching 3 seasons of Girls on the Run (us as role models? crazy, right??). I am gearing up for my 4th season right now.
  • Running 1 zombie themed 5k
  • 1 discussion about doing a mini triathlon (we were seriously drunk after the zombie 5k)
So while it seems we have disappeared from the running world, we are still here. We have simply been struggling to find the time to sit and write. Somehow, after 2 years in my new job, I am finding more time for myself again. While that is probably not a true statement for all of us (new babies, I'm looking at you!), I am hoping to get back into the swing of blogging about our running and eating and drinking adventures. There is definitely no shortage of things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment