Monday, September 3, 2012

Jill: Music Monday

To make up for missing last Monday, I hereby present 2 very different songs that I enjoy running to.

First, can I just say that I love me some Killers?  Seriously.  Love them.  Brandon Flowers' voice is awesome. When their first major hit, Somebody Told Me, came out I was hooked and loved that jam, especially the '80s-ish sound it has.  I still do.  It's still one of my favorites to run with cause it just makes me MOVE.  And let's face it, that's exactly what I need now that school is back in session.


Speaking of the '80s, I am a child of the late '80s and '90s which means I also love me some Beastie Boys and was super sad about losing Adam Yauch (and really the Beastie Boys as we know them) earlier this year. While I love all things Beastie, one of my favorite songs to load up for a run is Intergalactic, a late '90s Grammy winner.  Seriously, the Beastie Boys are that good (don't even get me started on how awesome their videos are).  Not only is it a great running song, it brings back some great college day memories!  Best line of the entire song:  "I'll still fry you in my wok."  That's great stuff, folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment