Monday, January 9, 2012

Jill: Reasons

I've had this saved for awhile. Although I find a lot of "motivational runner speak" to be a bit high brow, this has a great mix of motivation and reality even though "Run because you'd rather be drinking a nice bottle of wine" isn't on the list.

Now I'd like to share my list of reasons why I haven't been running more than once a week.

Not running because I went back to work full time after a nice extended maternity leave
Not running because I am still nursing the baby
Not running because I am spending way too much quality time with my breast pump
Not running because I gave up my plan time at work to pump milk
Not running because the exhausted 2-year-old wakes up in the middle of the night and crawls into my bed
Not running because I am getting between 4-5 hours of sleep
Not running because even on the weekends I am not sleeping more than 4 hours uninterrupted due to exhausted toddler
Not running because I have 120 6th grade science students and 120 5th grade science students
Not running because my hubby is sick and I may be on my way to joining him
Not running because the laundry is a never ending black hole of death
Not running because the Christmas tree is down but the ornaments and other decorations are still not put away
Not running because I don't go more than 2 days without having to clean up puke from our "miracle" kitty that is still alive and well despite a brush with congestive heart failure, a skin allergy, knee problems, and being lost for a week

To put it simply, this new transition has been H.A.R.D.  But I have races on the calendar so I've got to figure this out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment