Tuesday, January 3, 2012

HC: Backseat

It has been forever since I’ve blogged! I guess part of the reason is running took a backseat to all the craziness of the holiday season. I was able to get outside a few times and to the gym once but I really didn’t push myself nearly as much as I do when I’m running with someone else.
SG and I decided it was time to get back on track so we hit the gym yesterday, our last day of Christmas break. That alone should be applauded!  Who really wants to spend their last day of freedom running around in a dreary gym? Anyway we started on the treadmill and warmed up. I was thinking to myself “Hey! I remember how this works, not too bad just keep going” Then the running part started, and I had trouble with even a half mile. Seriously? We were doing half miles like a piece of cake before (mmmmmm cake). SPEAKING of cake …. BEST GIFT EVER!


Well I spent the next 5 mins walking and huffing before deciding to finish it out with a full mile. This had to be one of the most difficult miles I’ve ran so far. It’s amazing how much you can back track when you take off a few days from running!
We finished it out with a wonderful game of racquetball. I finally looked up the rules and actually will know how to play for real next time. I was surprised to find out we were already doing it somewhat correct and there are not many rules involved. I still think we burn more calories laughing than actually running around on the court!

2 comments:

  1. Is that a cupcake maker!?! That could be VERY dangerous! Great to hear you are back at it (running, not eating sweets). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES it is! It actually makes mini cupcakes. Instead of eggs and oil I use a can of diet pop so it's not nearly as bad for you!

    ReplyDelete