Tuesday, January 17, 2012

HC: Reasons 3.0

Keeping with the theme of reasons to run and other reasons not to I have created my own list that includes both. Tonight I actually made it to the gym after being at work for 13 straight *&%$@#!  hours.  Wait don’t teachers only work from 8-3?  Grrrrrrrr.

 I DON’T run because I have six other teachers I have to find time to plan with even though half of them have never looked at a single IEP and those same people have no idea everything that I do. (This can sometimes be turned into a DO)

I DON’T run because most of my “free time” falls on the weekends, which is also the only time I have with my sweetie who works 2nd shifts. If I run on the weekends it’s only after confirming schedules and takes away time we spend together (after two knee surgeries it’s not a great idea for him to run).   

I DON’T run when my inhaler is empty. I don’t need it nearly as much as when I started this but let’s not get crazy.   

I DO run because I’ve been working extremely hard to lose/maintain my weight. I mean really, really, really hard. I’ve been successful in my overall journey to become healthier but it’s a daily struggle to keep up with it.

I DO run because I’ve had a lot on my mind lately. I tend to have trouble clearing my head and running helps me take my mind off things for at least a few minutes.

I DO run because it’s been a great experience with my friends and gives us more time to spend with each other.

I DO run because I never thought I could and now somehow I am. 

1 comment:

  1. HC - Wanna run Thursday after school??? There is a cool YMCA on corner of Cheviot and Poole?

    ReplyDelete