Monday, August 13, 2012

Jill: Music Mondays

In the real running world, there is a debate about running with or without music (or other electronic devices). Most of the folks who get in on this argument are much more serious, long-distance runners than what we do around here.

Here are just a few links if you want to read more about the pros and cons of running with tunes:

Kicking Assphalt (love the blog name)

The Running Advisor

Jogger Tunes

Fun Running Ryan (although I like running with music, I have the same "marching band background" issue he does)

However, whether we run with music or not, most club members enjoy music of some sort.  Except Stephanie.  She's never really been into music, and this has led to some interesting discussions between club members.  I'm pretty sure I even questioned if she was human at some point.  We suspect she may be more of the feline persuasion.  She did admit one time, though, that she found it a little easier to workout when there was music on.  So, I thought it might be fun to have a regular blog segment where we post songs that we like to run to in an effort to support and inspire each other. 

So let me officially introduce Music Mondays here at the Whine and Cheese Club.  As teachers, we can always use a pick-me-up on Mondays, and I love alliteration.  I'm going to start off with a song that gets me moving (and probably singing when I am sure I am alone) no matter where I am.

I was first introduced to Blue Man Group in the late nineties.  My senior class trip in high school was to NYC where we saw the original Blue Man Group show off broadway.  When they started making music albums later on, I was thrilled.  This song came from their 2nd music album The Complex, which I love, love, love.  They hooked up with Venus Hum to cover Donna Summer's "I Feel Love."

Here's the official music video for the song:




Here's a video of the live version.  I saw this when they were touring and yes, she really did wear that super awesome light up dress.  Wonder how we could run in something like that?



No comments:

Post a Comment