Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Steph: Shamrock Shuffle

I am super excited to run the Shamrock Shuffle on March 10th. Not only is it the first 5K that I KNOW I will be able to run .... but it also is an opportunity to raise money for our school. I love it. In addition, we get to dress like fools and maybe raise even more money for our school.

I have new confidence! I can run without stopping for 2 miles straight and I have a plan in place to get to 3 miles by March 10th. I actually feel like it is really going to happen for the first time since we started. Don't get me wrong .... every time I know I am going to run, I have to mentally prepare myself for it. Convince myself that it is a good idea and that I won't die doing it. But I have been convincing myself. I have been doing it. I will continue ....

And my husband ... he is AMAZING about this running stuff all of a sudden. He is so supportive and loving and I could not ask for more from him. Thank GOD for him and for my running buddy Jill who impresses me every time she runs .... because she has A LOT more to juggle at home than I do. So thanks to my support team .... I would not be here without you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment